The story of Holy Name Parish would not be complete without Our Mother of Perpetual Help and the vital part she has played in the spiritual and temporal growth of the parish.We might say Our Mother of Perpetual Help came to Holy Name parish with the first Redemptorist Pastor, Father Louis McKeown, C.Ss.R. It was on June 23, 1918,
the Feast of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, that Father McKeown received his appointment in June and celebrated the first mass on June 27, 1918, the feast of
Our Mother of Perpetual Help. Like every Redemptorist, Father inherited from his saintly Founder -Alphonsus Liguori- a particular attraction for the Queen of Heaven.
She is the special patroness of the Redemptorist Order.