With grace, dignity, and spirit the ladies of the Holy Name Confraternity of the Holy Family have given ninety-five years of dedicated service to the parish. Founded in 1922, this organization's primary focus is to respond with Gospel values in meeting the needs of the Holy Name Church and School.
The years of recorded minutes relate a steady succession of spiritual and corporal works of mercy.They have worked with compassion for the poor through the St. Vincent dePaul Society, taken Communion to the homebound of the parish, donated to Emergency Pregnancy Service, Behtlehem House, and other needy causes. They have worked for Meals on Wheels, sponsored a Vietnamese family, provided fish fry clean-up, and Christmas "Tour of Homes" over the years. Whenever possible, the ladies attend funeral services for a deceased member proving an Honor Guard escorting her into and out of church.
A special service of the Confraternity is serving funeral luncheons. The practice was set up by Fr. Delort forty-eight years ago. Table sercice, bread, butter and beverages are provided by the Confraternity; salads, casserols, vegetable dishes and dessers are broght by volunteers.